What She Really Wanted

Grandma & Grandpa M gave the Farmers gift certificates for Christmas this year. A great idea when you don’t know what to get them and better still for teaching them about the value of money. The boys were conservative and bought small, inexpensive toys and saved the rest for a rainy day. Miss Is, had to have this.

Barbie 1

Okay. In typical fashion, Barbie’s skirt is microscopic and not exactly preferred by modest mommies trying to teach their daughters that your whoo-who should never, ever make an ‘accidental’ appearance. Anyway, now that I’m completely off subject. Miss Is hugged the box and begged to know how much it was and if she had enough and before we could answer either way, started bargaining with extra chores or refunding one of her other Christmas presents. Luckily for her, it was on sale for $10.00.

Apparently, Is was after the dog more than the casual hooker in a star-striped hoodie. It wasn’t until we got home that I realized why the dog was so important.

Barbie 2

Look at all the things it does! Barbie can walk it on a leash. Feed it yummy kibbles.

Barbie 3

It even poops with a flick of the tail. I know… when I was young I was so engrossed with a baby doll that you could feed mush, give a bottle to and have the life-like consequences of wet and dirty diapers. I get that. But a dog? Dog doodie? Fun?

Barbie 4

I know for a fact that picking up lawn bombs is not a fun and enjoyable job, but Barbie makes it so glamorous that I just want to go out, get a puppy and have that satisfying, fresh smelling experience myself.

Bottom line, Miss Is loves it and now has a bag o’ tic-tac crap she totes around the house. What will they think of next? At least its not a pooping dinosaur.

3 comments:

  1. young family said...

    Tic-Tac crap,LOL!!!!

    I saw a dog like this on someone else's blog but had no idea it came with a barbie, and a hoochie momma barbie at that :) (That is why I like brats, they wear a lot of makeup,but on the whole the clothing is way more modest, and I like the huge shoes, I am aware that I am one of the few Moms in the church that feels this way though so sorry if I step on toes)

    She doesn't eat the crap does she :)

  2. ...for all eternity said...

    hahahahaha! Why, oh why?
    Can you just hear her yelling at church (or insert some other public setting), "Mom, I lost my bag of dog poop!"
    I guess it took Barbie to make cleaning up poop exciting.

  3. TammyP said...

    OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT IS SO FUNNY!! It's like a car wreck, I can't help but stare at that poop!!! AWESOME!!!