D.J.'s Birthday

One their special day, the Farmers get to pick what they would like for dinner and the rule of thumb is Mom has to make it. DJ's breakfast -oh, I mean dinner - of choice this year was French Toast sticks, scrambled eggs and extra-crunchy, no jigglies bacon. I'm so glad I didn't have to cook anything too fancy. After ten sticks, two slices, a spoonful of egg and nearly a half-gallon of Mrs. Butterworth's, it was time for the hunt.


Instead of wrapping presents for their birthdays, I make up a scavenger hunt. D.J. is given clues of where to find his gifts. For example, one of the clues were "Say cheese or just eat some." Any guesses? A camera in the fridge behind a package of string cheese. Its fun to watch the kids run from place to place, inside and outside the house and seems to be more exciting than ripping off the paper or pulling it out of a bag. (I'm just happy not to wrap!)

(Superhero Moonboot Man)

We ended the evening with Triple Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting, too much chocloate even by my standards! He got to light his own candles and slice the cake since he's a big boy now. I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight, ever so grateful for my April Fools!

1 comments:

  1. young family said...

    Sounds like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday DJ!
    Jackie