Chaos Unorganized Pt. II, A : Wash Your Drawers!

The laundry room.

We spend so much time in that dark, dank, and smelly place. Okay, so mine isn't so dark but it is dank and smelly. It's purely functional at this point; wash the mountain, dry the mountain, and fold the mountain of clothes that seems to grow with every load.

My current dryer squeaks, screams, eats my unmentionables and takes two and a half hours to dry a light load. The washer squeals in time with the dryer for an eardrum-piercing duet and gives an accurate demonstration of what an earthquake feels like during the spin cycle.

Deciding that he didn't want to do his own laundry, David hunkered down into some contract work and dedicated the earnings to a new washer and dryer! THANK YOU!!

I picked out my new babies from the Depot who happened to have the best deal in town for the largest capacity, HE washer and dryer available. White or Grey? I lived a little and went with grey.

As part of my organizational fever I seem to be suffering from, I brilliantly thought that painting the laundry room before they were delivered would be a good idea. Using the gallon of paint meant for Maddy's room two years ago, the room took on an eerie, sea foam green glow.

Needless to say, I wasn't going to keep it. With less than
12 hours before delivery, I made a 10pm run to Walmart, picked a color (not green) and started painting at 10:45.

Luckily it only took an hour and a half to finish.
The paint went on much easier over the satin green than the chalky flat beige I started with. Now the room is back to beige, Walnut Wash (Dutch Boy) to be exact, the trim and door are dark brown (Bear Rug, Behr).

Dave and I went tonight to purchase the stacking kit that will unfortunately take 10-16 working days to come in. Once the washer and dryer are stacked, cabinets will be installed, the bar will flip over to the wall and a new hanging rack underneath. I'm also keeping an eye out for a trash-to-treasure secretary desk or armoire to set where the bar once was. Hopefully it will work as my office, the real reason behind making the laundry room "pretty".

More pics as I progress!
(updated Feedblitz, it should work now... sorry.)
(The green-goo room)

2 comments:

  1. young family said...

    You are going to love your new washer and dryer!!! I'm sure you will make the room look wonderful. Sounds wonderful from your description.

    Do you think your laundry room will be to dusty for a work room though? My laundry room is always linty :) By work room do you mean computery stuff or other work?

    Can't wait for the photos :)

  2. Stacey said...

    I haven't really had trouble with linties, you know, those dust bunny cousins. Mainly I want to put my laptop/churchwork etc. in there. Right now its on the end table in the greatroom or piled next to my bed.

    Dave bought an extra 24" monitor for work that I can use when he's not. It'll be nice for working in Adobe; it's hard to make things just right on my laptop screen. Missing pieces, blobs of color, what you thought was blended wasn't. I'll stash the printer in there too, since his office is cramped for deskspace and I use it more than he does anyway.

    ~Stacey